How to clear cache -our computer has three types of memory the one is non-volatile which is our secondary memory second one is RAM which is volatile and the third one is cache memory although it is called static ram and lies in the type of secondary ram but yeah i have provided a different place to cache memory which is the fastest one between all the above three memory type.
before telling you how to clear cache in windows 10 i want to bore you with why cache so yeah since the secondary memory and primary memory(dynamic RAM) isn’t proving or matching with the speed of CPU that which it can read and write the data so here the static ram or cache memory come into place.
now lets jump on to the point or topic which is how to clear cache on windows 10.
how to clear cache windows
in windows 10,7 and other computers there is many types of caches present so yeah we have to clear most of them so that your PC can run smoothly and also increase some free space in your computer.
now let’s start by clearing the temporary files cache
temporary files cache
we known that there are lot of temp files are created by your system and also they have some cache so in order to clear cache from Temp files follow the given steps below:
- go to your window search bar and type “disk cleanup”
- select the drive C and hit OK
- after few seconds the disk will e checke and this type of window will be appeared.
- now select the “temporary internet files” and the scroll down and check the “temporary files” option.
- then click on OK it will take few minutes and yeah you are good to go with your temporary files cache.
now let’s talk about your browser cache
the browser cache is used by different websites including me to speed up the page loading time of our websites.in order to do this the browser cache download files from websites and save to your computer cache as when you visit a site again your loading time will be super fast as the browser have the website cache stored on to your browser cache.
how to clean the browser cache
since i and many of you use different-different browsers so we will talk about the three popular browsers.
- Microsoft edge
now lets talk about
how to clear google chrome cache
- open your chrome browser and go to “settings” you and find that by clicking on the upper right corner just below the close button
- now in address bar search for the term “cache” and scroll down .
- there you will find an option of “clear browsing data” just click on that and,
- now click on “clear data” so yeah you are good to go your chrome browser cache got successfully deleted now enjoy the speed.
now lets go to Firefox and clear its browser cache
How to clear cache in Firefox
- open your fire-fox browser and go to “options” by clicking here as shown in below image
- now click on “privacy and security” section and open it.
- now search for “cookies and data” section.
- and click on “clear data” a new box will appear like this.
- in my Firefox browser there is total of 870 MB cache is available to delete or clear it click on “clear” button
- and boom all the cache of your Firefox browser has been cleared.
if you don’t want to follow this long process of clearing the cache of your Firefox browser then there are many add-one are available for Firefox you can just add in your browser and clean the cache by just clicking an icon.
these are the ways by which you can clear your windows cache.
i have mentioned all the ways by which you can clear your computer or windows cache so i will catch you in the next one till then,
you can also visit these: